Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Pot calling the kettle black

A case of short memory or is it selective recollection. The full details are in the web edition of the sun of 23rd October 2006.

Extracts:

"Q: You said Malaysia has become a police state. Isn'’t is ironic because your critics said the same thing about your administration?
A: I never stopped people from making speeches. In 1987, when Tengku Razaleigh, Musa Hitam and Abdullah Ahmad Badawi challenged me, Abdullah remained as minister. They were travelling all over the country, campaigning with Umno branches and divisions and I never stopped them. But of course, Pak Lah now says he was stopped. Umno branches said they heard him when he came to talk. And I know because when I went to his area to speak, he came up on the stage and he spoke also. I never stopped him from speaking. I never stopped Tengku Razaleigh from speaking, which is why, although I was nominated by 86 divisions and Tengku Razaleigh was nominated by 37 divisions, I barely managed to win because of the intensive campaigning carried out by Tengku Razaleigh, Musa Hitam and Abdullah Ahmad Badawi. But now, I am not allowed to speak to anybody. I know I'’m speaking to the Press now. I know some media companies will make some kind of spin about this but fortunately for us that in my time, we have the Internet, so I would advise people to read the Internet and not these newspapers because they are all getting phone calls."

I never stopped people from making speeches??? Duh. ISA, Operasi Lalang, Printing Press Act.

"Q: It seems that you have made a terrible mistake in choosing the Prime Minister.
A: Well I have made a lot of mistakes. I chose people and they all turn against me. I'’m very bad, really. You know when people come to me and cry over something, I think, ya, he is sincere. Although they were stabbing me before, when they come I accept them back."

He is so sweet. Kind hearted. Others stab him in the back. Poor guy. Not that brilliant after all if his anointed successors have been suchdisappointmentent...

No comments: