Saturday, August 26, 2006

Blew my top

I have to acknowledge that the Kuala Lumpur taxi drivers are definitely kings of the road. I slammed the door of the tenth taxi that refused to take me to my destination about 8pm 25th August 2006. That particular driver became angry and there were shouts between us. I was fortunate that he did not beat me up in the heat of the moment.

Why does anyone become taxi drivers if they do not want to take passengers. The stock excuse is the heavy traffic especially when it rains. IÂ’m sure they know the risks involved when they choose this profession. Has anyone considered the passengers? Taxi drivers have the audacity to choose whom to take and the preferred destination. In the same breath they will complain they are having a hard time making a living.

So hopefully, they will get a taste of their own medicine when they least expect it. Then they will know that their attitude works both ways. They might be under the delusion that passengers have to play by their rules. Maybe in the taxi driversÂ’ world but any action will get a reaction. Someday, somewhere they will rue the day that they ignored the plight of passengers. Passengers are their bread and butter. They forgot that particular golden rule.

The authorities themselves seem helpless even after countless complains from the public. I still have to take taxis but I need to stop another blow up. That simmering anger is not worthwhile. I can still curse under my breath and say a silent prayer that they will meet their match one fine day. Bad thoughts.

No comments: