Monday, May 14, 2007

Different approach

When I read the article in thestar of 14 May 2007, the first thing that came to mind was, "Where are the Muslim care givers?" I have seen countless articles on non-Muslims giving a hand to the marginalized but I have yet to see anything similar from the Islamic groups or individuals, either established organisations or voluntary bodies. Maybe the Muslims do not publicise their good deeds.
Hopefully that is the case but a lingering smirk will always appear just picturing that scene appearing. Maybe I have been too jaded by the approach of some who are linked to the Malaysian Islamic authorities or individuals whenever they expound on the virtues of Islam. I hope against hope that there are Islamic organizations or individuals that are taking positive action in helping the forgotten segment of society instead of just focusing on the brim stone and burning in hell scenario.

No comments: