Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Here we go again

I guess by now I sound like a broken record. Ad infinitum complaining about the public transport system in Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia. I had the pleasure of savouring the excellent, efficient and highly dependable light rail transport system managed by Rapid KL this morning.
As usual, something in me guessed that something was not quite right when I heard the ongoing alarm at the station. My guess was confirmed when I reached the platform and heard that the trains will be running slow and passengers are advised to be patient. All inconvenience caused is very much regretted. Thank you.
Sweet words when I first heard it last year but it has been such a regular occurrence that the impact is lost on me. I don't feel the Rapid KL management are really sorry for the inconvenience caused or else the system would have improved by now.
I'm not asking for miracles but passengers have hopes that the frequent breakdowns could be reduced to monthly affairs instead of the present almost weekly debacle.
As a friend said, why don't Rapid KL just announce that the trains would not be running on a particular day. At least the passengers can find alternative means to their destinations. Stop the service for as long as possible and get to the bottom of the persistent problem. Rectify the problem first and then start the service again.
Fat hopes, huh?

No comments: