Thursday, July 26, 2007

Kudos to Air Asia crew

I was pleasantly surprised that my flight on AK880 to Bangkok from Kuala Lumpur on 25th July 2007 threw up another side of Air Asia after the countless brickbats hurled against them. I'm glad that some of the air crew attached to Air Asia went beyond their usual scope of work. I guess it was just a part of their job to help a passenger feel as comfortable as she can.

A lady was complaining of being uncomfortable about half an hour before we landed in Bangkok. Most probably it was brought on by the air pressure sickness syndrome. But nevertheless the air crew did their utmost best to find a remedy for the lady despite the limited resources on board. I think she did not suffer from the usual air pressure malady but the condition was worsened by some other complications. Her past medical history perhaps since I heard the stewardess asking when was the last time she took her medication. I could see the desperate look of helplessness on the passenger's face as she put herself entirely into the stewardesses hands.

But all went well, and a two thumbs up must be given to the four crew members that day. All the best to Air Asia.

No comments: