Saturday, March 27, 2010

It’s terribly lonely to be single

This letter to the editor appeared in the Star 26 March 2010.






I am wondering how single people, especially those in their 40s and 50s, cope with being single.

I am also single and we are the people who are not able to get married due to many reasons that are best known to ourselves.

My question is: If all women only seek the best men, where would all the second or third-rate men turn to if not prostitutes?

When age is catching up, people will come to a crossroads and make decisions for themselves.

I can’t blame the authorities for not legalising prostitution, given our Islamic culture.

But to be alone and to die in loneliness, I would rather have a brush with the authorities and meet my fate.

GRACIOUS,
Kuala Lumpur.

No comments: